Friday, August 30, 2013

Brehon Druid's Moot, Fun terms to use.


Please remember to support our Blog's sponsors watching one of their ads!!!
Thanks and a Blessing be on you and yours!
TDK





TERMS:

Presiding brehon judge:

I weare the sin  (chain of gold) of a true Brehon, may it strangle me if I speak less than truth.

I am the  Fili (chief poet) of my tribe and skilled in "Law Craft.


Lawyer:

Who is you aigne (/ ag´n´a / advocate). (Aigne- advocate or lawyer)

Dai
Dálaige
Dawlee
Were the Buzzards of the tribunal (Professional lawyers, advocates, or pleaders.)

I have brought my amuis  (/ a´vus / attendant, bodyguard) with me.


Tribunal:

I will present to the Tribunal my ard (/ ahrd´ / high ranking person) as my witness.

I am the banfili (/ ban´fih´lih´ / , wise woman) of my clan.

I speak the one and true bérla féini (/ b´eh:rluh fe:nih´ / literally language of the free people. Early legal language) of the Breitheamh (/ brih´them / Arbitrator, law historian)


Jurist:

I am a Airberta - (the second grade of jurist.)

Witnesses:

As a witness I am Aire Forgill - ("noble of superior affirmation").  (forgill / for´g´el / superior testimony)

Follow me I am the Aire Túise -( "leading" noble)  (tuíseo / too-ish´o / person of precedence)


Who are you? Defendant, plaintiff:

I am Aire Ardd -(a "high" noble)

I am Aire Désa/Aire Désso -(The lowest of the noble)

I am the Aire Échta here - (enforcing noble)

I am a Aire (/ ar´e / a freeman).

I am a céile (/ ke:l´e / free memberss of the clan) so kiss my can.

I am a Aithech (/ ath´ech / commoner, churl).

I was born a Churl (commoner).

He was brother from my fine ( [finna] hood , town)


Creditors:

We had a Cor Bel (/ kor bel / verbal contract)

Please grant a short Anad  (A stay of a "Procedure by Distress") while I gather my resources.

My car were taken by Athgabál - (the process of distraint; legal repossession of goods. If a client won his case but the losing party refused to pay, athgabál would allow the client to take goods from the losing party, equal to what he was owed. It was a strict process, generally overseen by an aigne. Found in law texts such as Fergus Kelly's Celtica.)

Marrage / Sex:

We had a Aititiu marrage- (an informal method for concluding a marriage. This was less formal than the urnaidm legal act. Aititiu refers to the act of the relationship simply being recognized by the woman's family. Though less formal, marriages formed in this way were still valid. Found in the Marriage in Early Ireland text.)

I was forced to be a Baitsech of the night. Baitsech - a lewd woman, any woman who engages in illicit intercourse, any woman who abandons marriage without just cause. In the context of marriage, a man could not give an excessive coibche to a baitsech as this would generate a bad contract. Found in the Marriage in Early Ireland text.

I was treated like a Cumal (/ kuval / female slave)


This page will continue to get updated from time to time.

You can also join our Facebook group at:

BDM the Brehon Druid's Moot 


TDK / The Druid King













No comments:

Post a Comment